PVC cavity closers
We manufacture PVC cavity closers, i.e. plastic sill drip mouldings as well as handling and mounting cavity closers. Our closers fit most window profile systems available in the market. Cavity closers are suitable for products from companies such as: Aluplast, Brügmann, Decco, Gealan, Rehau, Schüco, Trocal and Veka.
– 5-chamber cavity closers,
– 7-chamber cavity closers,
Our cavity closers are available with a handling and transport seal.
What are the properties of cavity closers?
The specially developed structure of our PVC cavity closers makes them durable. As a result, they guarantee a high degree of thermal and sound insulation in a flat or a house. A desirable consequence of their use is greater tightness, which translates into reduced heat loss and lower bills during the heating season. Cavity closers also provide additional anti-burglary protection.
Our cavity closers are characterised by:
– high mechanical strength,
– snap-on mounting,
– a possibility of using anchors,
– PVC seal.
Note: Plastic profiles vary, depending on the window system.
What are cavity closers?
They are multi-chamber profiles, fitted with a seal and permanently joined with the window. PVC cavity closers make it easier to handle windows and install windowsills. In addition, cavity closers are used for multi-layered mounting.
What distinguishes Europrofil cavity closers?
Tests carried out by the accredited Construction Technology Laboratory in Dąbrowa Górnicza showed that our cavity closers are characterised by:
– very low heat transfer coefficient– 1.2 W/m2K. Following installation, heat losses from the room will become much lower.
– very low air permeability (infiltration rate) of 0.02 m3/h*m. The use of our cavity closers ensures tightness of the connection between the structural element and the window profile. Thus, it minimises the amount of cold air flowing into the room.
– very high resistance to static load of 3kN (3,000N) – The use of cavity closers increases the resistance of the structure, thus protecting it against burglary.
How to install a cavity closer?
The cavity closer is snapped on under the window frame or screw mounted. Properly installed cavity closers protect the edges of the frame against damage during handling and installation of windows. PVC cavity closers also allow for convenient installation of the windowsill.